Sunday 4 November 2012

Microsoft HD-3000 - Initial Impressions


This article might seem oddly familiar to some of you, and that's because a couple of days ago I published an article with my initial impressions of the Microsoft LX-3000 Headset I bought.

Well today, I was in PC World and decided to spend £20 on this, the Microsoft HD-3000 webcam. It's been on my amazon wishlist for a while actually, I originally wanted it so I could record videos from my computer, do some livestreams, and have a good webcam for Skype.

This webcam is ideal for all of those and more.

The hardware: It has a bending base with a rubber coating, so you can place it on the top of a laptop, computer monitor, or even a desk and not worry about it moving around or falling over. The bending base is useful because it allows you to position it up and down on a monitor, it doesn't move around, and also the head of the webcam which holds the LED Indicator and camera module, turns left and right on the base.

The webcam is mostly built with plastic, but it still feels durable and very well built.

The picture quality - The picture quality is excellent. There's no lag when you move around in front of the camera, it picks up a lot of detail and also the webcam is a 720P HD Webcam so it's higher quality than most webcams, but is just underneath higher end webcams such as the Microsoft Cinema of Studio webcams, or Logitech C910 or C920.

You can watch the unboxing video just here, I've decided to go with a new style of video that I'm going to stick with for unboxing videos, reviews and other videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment