Thursday 1 November 2012

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 - Initial Impressions.

Earlier today, I opened the door to a very bored looking Royal Mail employee. In his hands, was a package for me. That package was my brand new headset.

I ordered it on Saturday night, the 27th of October, (Amazon.co.uk) so delivery didn't take very long, considering the fact that I opted for 3-5 Business Days Delivery. I wasn't even expecting it to arrive until sometime between today and Monday, so big props go to the seller for getting it sent to me so quickly.

If I'm honest, I would've preferred to spent an extra £10 or so for a Turtle Beach X12 headset, but since my computer only has a single audio jack which is always taken up by my speakers, I decided that this headset with PC specific controls and a single USB jack would be fine, also, I'm not a hardcore gamer.

The unboxing & first look video is just at the bottom of this article, so if you want to see me unboxing it then feel free to watch the video below.

So far, I'm quite impressed with the headset. The build quality is a lot better than I had expected, it's been comfortable for the past 2 hours or so, and the audio quality is absolutely brilliant.

The microphone. The boom mic built into this headset is a lot better than I'd expected. It doesn't pick up very much background noise at all due to it being a noise cancelling mic, its also fairly flexible and doesn't move around much unless you move it. Also the quality of the microphone is very good.

Hopefully this article was informative enough for everyone's liking. This isn't a full review, that will come sometime in the near future.

Please watch the video here:



No comments:

Post a Comment