Saturday 21 July 2012

GeekSlam is back!

Hi everyone, it's Yoni here and I just wanted to let you know that I'm back from my 2 week holiday/tour in Israel, I had a really great time there but if you want more info then hit me up on one of my social networks (@gsyoni on twitter) so that I don't have to put it all in this post for those uninterested.

Anyway, I wants to make that quick announcement as well as a few others.

I'm going to stop the productions of unboxing videos (unless it's a popular product that will bring in new people to the community) since I watched a YouTube video about how stupid they are, and I completely agree with the video. From now on the unboxing will be edited down to one or two minutes max and added to the beginning of the product's review.

I'm going to start playing around with multiple cameras and audio syncing to see how it goes. Now that I've been using Camtasia Studio 8 (trial) for a couple of weeks, I'm able to do this with ease.

I bought some new tech while I was away, expect reviews soon, names below.

I have a couple of videos lined up as well. Here's some of them:


Speck CandyShell for iPod Touch (4th gen) review, bought it while away.

Sony MDR-V300 Studio Monitor Headphones, also bought while away

Amazing Spiderman for iOS gameplay & review

Tiny Wings HD Gameplay & Review

(Editors Note Begin)
(23 July 2012)
Just wanted to add this quick nite to confirm that I'm expecting a cool and expensive new review product in the mail, no spoilers though, but I'll post a picture when I gets it to twitter (@gsyoni). Stay tuned.
(Editors note end)


I'll also upload a vlog or 2 from the trip to my second channel YoniVids. Don't expect too much though.

Hopefully this post was worth reading, I'll also be in contact with more companies about getting some new products to review sometime soon, let me know what you want to see a review of, maybe an 80 subscriber giveaway?

One last thing, if you have any suggestions or ideas for me in terms of improving the blog and youtube then please let me know what they are, I'm looking towards partnering on YouTube with a network (possibly) but I'm not going to apply for anything until I know what you all want to see and what you enjoy. Also feel free to comment as much as you like with whatever criticisms you have whether it be positive, negative or constructive. As I've mentioned, I just want to improve the way the blog and YouTube channel work and also make sure the viewers and readers like what they see.

That's all for now.

-Y

1 comment:

  1. bring back that awesome guy from Ashleysapps and ashipod13. his are the best videos on the channel !!!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete