Monday 27 August 2012

The G4 Project...

Hello once again fellow Geeklings, today's post is here to introduce to you, *drumroll*... The G4 Project!!!

So just about a week ago I managed to get a free Powermac G4, and I have decided to do as many upgrades to it as I can while keeping the cost super low.

My targets for the end of the project are to use it as a file server and be able to stream files to and from it, and to watch a whole movie on it.

But first, I need to upgrade a couple things.

2 episodes of The G4 Project are already up on the channel, the introduction video letting everyone know what the series is and what I'm doing, and episode 1, where I managed to put an optical drive in. Let's just say that it didn't go too well until the end...

Please watch the 2 below videos and stay tuned for the rest of the project.

I'm really going to try to get this old computer up and running, connect it to a monitor, full up the PCI slots and max out the RAM while keeping it as cheap as possible.

If you have any suggestions at all for this project, I'm totally open to them. Any parts you think would be good or suitable, any mods or tweaks, please let me know.

Feel free to tweet with #theg4project or tweet me @GSYoni

Introduction:



Episode 1:

No comments:

Post a Comment