Monday 24 September 2012

iPhone 5 VS Samsung GS3 - My thoughts

Since the iPhone 5 was announced around 2 weeks ago, Apple fanboys and Android fanboys have been at war, and the biggest debate so far has been "What's better? iPhone 5 or Samsung's Galaxy S3?".

Even Samsung has responded to this question with their latest Ad campaign, named "the next big thing is already here".

This article isn't going to be a specs smackdown or anything like that, but instead my thoughts on the war between the 2 phones and which one I prefer.

So the Galaxy S3 was announced sometime in May, and is still running Android 4.0 ICS, while it's big brother the Galaxy Note 2 will run 4.1 Jelly bean out of the box. Although, Cyanogen Mod 10 has been really popular among GS3 users.

The iPhone 5 comes running Apple's latest version of iOS, iOS 6. No proper Jailbreak is available, so it's stuck on plain, boring iOS.

If I'm completely honest, I really do like the GS3. I even took a day out in June to check it out, I was really impressed, the only thing I disliked about it was "S Voice".

It's a really fast device, really powerful too. It's lacking a bit in hardware though, due to its plastic design. But it does have a 4.8" HD sAMOLED Display.

The iPhone 5 is a really good phone, but I'd actually prefer to have a Galaxy S3. With it's powerful Quad-Core processor, larger screen and more capabilities for customization and the OS, it's probably better to have than an iPhone.


We'll have a new episode of GeekSlam Podcast this week, where we'll talk about the new iPod Touch and talk about the rumours of the Next Nexus device.

See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comparison but My vote goes for always Samsung Business Phones Because I have This one :)

    ReplyDelete